Pantelemonovskiy KathedraleHome - Ukraine - Odessa - Kirchen und Kathedralen - Pantelemonovskiy Kathedrale
Pantelemonovskiy Kathedrale in Odessa
The Synod allowed to build its courtyard by the 100th anniversary of Odessa, the foundation of the cathedral was laid on May 9, 1893, and as soon as on January 10, 1896 the courtyard was consecrated. The project’s author is the architect N. Nikonov. The church on the third floor symbolized the holy Aphon mountain – there had been nothing of the kind in all Russian land. "Gold icon stands" made by the master Akhapnin struck imagination with their grandeur. Mural painting in Byzantine style was entrusted to Odessa masters.