White RotundaHome - Ucraina - Poltava - Attrazioni - White Rotunda
White Rotonda a Poltava
White gazebo was founded in 1909, during the celebration of 200 anniversary of the Battle of Poltava.
It was built on the spot, which during the battle of Poltava was Podolsky guard bastion of the fortress. Fortress had stone walls and was defended only by steep slopes of the hill on which it is located, earthworks and a palisade. During the German occupation of Poltava 1941-1943gg. gazebo was destroyed. In 1954, the site was inaugurated Rotonda friendship of peoples ", the project involved the construction of architect Vayngort.
Nowadays, there a beautiful view of the lower city, the river Vorskla, and the Cross monastery (XVII-XIX cc.) оn a nearby hill. This observation deck - one of the most popular places for tourists and visitors alike. Near it is a memorial stone on which are engraved the words from Ipatievskoy record - a document, which in 1174 was the first found mention of Poltava.