FünikülerAna Sayfa - Ukrayna - Kiev - Eğlence - Füniküler
One of the significant symbol of Kyiv is funicular. It is pretty rare and exotic kind of transport. Initially, it was called “St. Michael’s electric cable lift”.
Opened to the public on May 17, 1905 it became at once the second largest funicular in Russian Empire after the first one in Odessa (which was opened in 1902). Funicular is well-known sight of Kyiv, but it is used mostly for daily trips. Descent or ascent by funicular takes about three minutes. Funicular ticket fee is the same as in public transport. Daily it conveys ca. 15 thousand people.